Principal: Rachel Alberts
Admin. Intern: Michelle Gibby
Main Office: 801-402-7350
Office Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Secretary: Becky Smith
1095 West Smith Ln
Kaysville, UT 84037
Snow Horse has a positive collective school culture and community.
- Snow Horse Elementary is know for its exceptional faculty, positive school climate, well behaved students and supportive parents.
Snow Horse Elementary provides personalized instruction.
- Teachers use technology as a meaningful way to provide differentiation, differentiation through software and by providing meaningful practice for students while the teacher works with smaller groups of students at various times throughout the day.
- 100% of teachers administer diagnostic Math and Language Art Drill Down Assessments to identify areas students need targeted intervention.
- 100% provide effective interventions. Each teacher has 25 minutes of time four times a week to work with struggling readers. Land Trust Funds are used to hire enrichment aides that provide enrichment-based instruction for the remainder of the class during that time.
- 100% of teachers are trained and provide enrichment.
Snow Horse is dedicated to staying on the cutting edge of best practices and programs to ensure our students receive relevant instruction
- Grades K-6 participate in Project Lead The Way, an engaging project based learning program that focuses on using the engineering process and higher level thinking to collaboratively solve real-life problems.
- Snow Horse Elementary is the only school to have AQUOS interactive presentation boards in all classrooms.
- Grades K-6 participate in Junior Achievement, a program that utilizes community resources to build financial literacy and entrepreneurial thinking.
- Snow Horse Elementary piloted what is now a District-wide reading enrichment program—Davis Book Battles
- Piloted the Hope Squad for Elementary Schools
- Provides a balanced education through K-6 programs that focus on the arts
- Is a model school for excellent instruction, visited frequently by teachers and administrators throughout the State
- Has an after-school robotics club
- Focuses on depth of knowledge